1. Are the stores open?
In line with government guidance, our stores in England are now open and we are looking forward to welcoming you back. We have extended trading hours in all stores. Please check your store page for updated information here.
Our stores in Ayr, Motherwell, Stirling, Sauchiehall, Argyle St, Braehead, East Kilbride, Livingston, Clydebank, Parkhead, and Hamilton are closed until 12th December.
In line with government guidance, our stores in Northern Ireland are closed until Saturday, 12th December.
Please note our eight stores in Wales are open and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in-store! For opening hours please click here.
2. What measures have your stores implemented for Customer Safety?
Nothing matters more to us than the health and well being of our employees and customers.
We have closely followed all the supporting advice from government and treated this as the minimum standard across all our stores.
We put the following health and safety measures in place across all our stores in the UK to help protect our employees and customers:
We have implemented a strict social distancing protocol across all our stores:
- We are following local government guidelines and limiting the number of customers allowed in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance between customers and employees.
- Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and security staff, to guide customers through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
- We have redesigned the layout of our stores to allow for more space between people by reconfiguring our queuing system at our till points to allow for social distancing. Dedicated employees will be on hand when needed to manage the correct flow of the queue.
- Entry and exit points will be clearly marked.
- Frequent tannoy announcements are made in store reminding customers to adhere to social distancing measures.
We have increased personal protection for employees and customers:
- In line with government guidance, all customers are required to wear face coverings in our stores, unless they are exempt due to medical reasons.
- We provide face masks to all of our employees and they are required to be worn while working.
- Perspex screens or cubicles have been installed on tills to help protect customers and employees.
- We are encouraging card payments and contactless payments when possible to minimise cash interactions.
- We have appointed dedicated employees to manage entrances to stores and throughout the store, when required, to ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
- Dedicated employees will make sure hand hygiene stations are topped up and report any issues or concerns to the store manager.
We have increased the frequency and intensity of in-store cleaning:
- We have invested significantly in increasing the frequency and rigor of our store cleaning policy across all our markets, giving particular attention to high frequency touchpoints such as tills, escalators, lifts, and employee areas in back of house.
- We have introduced a basket cleaning system, so each basket handle is cleaned before use.
3. Are the fitting rooms open?
In line with government advice, we have temporarily closed off our fitting rooms. We believe this is the right decision at this stage but we are continuously monitoring our re-openings and our health and safety policies and may review our fitting room policy as the situation develops. However, customers have 28 days to return an item if you change your mind. For more information on our Refund & Exchange policy please click here.
4. Do you have/ Where in the store are hand sanitisers located?
Customers will be asked to sanitise their hands upon entry into the store. Additional hand sanitiser stations are also available at back of house for employee use.
5. Will you have a queuing system at the tills?
We have reconfigured our queuing system at our till points to allow for social distancing. We have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills. In addition, every second till is closed, in order to leave appropriate space between customers and employees. Perspex screens have been installed on open tills to protect customers and employees.
6. Will the lifts be in use?
Our lifts are in operation. However, to maintain social distancing measures only two people will be permitted in the lift at any one time. Exceptions to this can be made when members of the same household are shopping together.
7. Will staff wear face masks/gloves?
We provide face masks and gloves to all of our employees and encourage them to be worn at all times in store in line with government guidance, unless they are exempt due to medical reasons.
8. How will your escalators operate safely in your stores?
We have provided clear signage on our floor and escalator steps marking the recommended social distance. We have also increased cleaning in our stores with particular attention given to high frequency touchpoints including escalators.
9. What signage will communicate your social distancing message in the store?
Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff will help guide you through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
10. Contactless Payments – what is the maximum amount?
We are encouraging card payments and contactless when possible to minimise cash interactions. The maximum limit is £45.
11. Will there be a limited number of people allowed in the store?
Yes, we are limiting the number of customers into stores at any one time, in line with government guidelines. We have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills, our store entrances, and also monitoring the sales floor to ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
12. Can I shop in the store with my friends and family or do I have to shop by myself?
We ask that all customers adhere to the social distancing measures in place while shopping.
13. Are your toilets open?
We have made the decision to temporarily close our customer toilets until further notice.
14. Are your Beauty Studios open?
Some of our beauty studios have now re-opened. Please click here for more information.
15. Will your cafés be open?
Some of our cafe's have now re-opened. Please click here for more information.
16. Will you have a queuing system outside?
We have implemented a queuing system at our entrances to allow for social distancing. We also have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing these queues.