1. Which stores are re-opening?
We have re-opened our stores in Republic of Ireland from 12th June in line with government guidelines. Penneys stores with street access will open on Friday 12th June, and the remaining stores that are located in shopping centres across Ireland will open on Monday 15th
Penneys stores with street access – opening on 12th June:
Penneys stores located in shopping centres – opening on 15th June:
2. What measures have your stores implemented for Customer Safety?
Nothing matters more to us than the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers.
We are closely following all safety advice from government, treating this guidance as the minimum standard, and have put rigorous health and safety measures in place in all stores ahead of reopening.
These measures include:
A strict social distancing protocol:
- Limits on the number of customers allowed in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance in between customers and employees, following local government guidelines
- Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff, to guide customers through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
- Every second till is closed to allow more space between customers and employees.
Personal protection for employees and customers:
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance to the store and back of house for employee and customer use. Face masks and gloves will be made available to employees if they wish to use them.
- Perspex screens have been installed on tills to protect customers and employees
Increased in-store cleaning:
- The frequency and rigour of store cleaning have both increased, particularly around high frequency touchpoints such as tills, escalators, lifts, and employee areas in back of house
3. Are the fitting rooms open?
We have made the decision to temporarily close our fitting rooms. However, customers have 28 days to return an item if you change your mind. For more information on our Refund & Exchange policy please click here.
4. Do you have/ Where in the store are hand sanitisers located?
Customers will be asked to sanitise their hands upon entry into the store. Additional hand sanitiser stations will also be available at multiple points on the shop floor and back of house for employee and customer use.
5. Will you have a queuing system at the tills?
We have reconfigured our queuing system at our till points to allow for social distancing. We have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills. In addition, every second till is closed, in order to leave appropriate space between customers and employees. Perspex screens have been installed on open tills to protect customers and employees.
6. Will the lifts be in use?
Our lifts are in operation however to maintain social distancing measures only two people will be permitted in the lift at any one time. Exceptions to this would be additional family members.
7. Will staff wear face masks/gloves?
Face masks and gloves will be made available to employees if they wish to use them.
8. How will your escalators operate safely in your stores?
We have provided clear signage on our floor and escalator steps marking the recommended social distance. We have also increased cleaning in our stores with particular attention given to high frequency touchpoints including escalators.
9. What signage will communicate your social distancing message in the store?
Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff will help guide you through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
10. Contactless Payments – what is the maximum amount?
We will be encouraging card payments and contactless when possible to minimise cash interactions.
11. Will there be a limited number of people allowed in the store?
Yes, we are limiting the number of customers into stores at any one time, in line with government guidelines. We also have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills, our store entrances, and also monitoring the sales floor to ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
12. Can I shop in the store with my friends and family or do I have to shop by myself?
We ask that all customers adhere to the social distancing measures in place while shopping.
13. Will your fitting rooms be closed?
While we get used to this new normal we have temporarily closed off our fitting rooms. We believe this is the right decision at this stage but we are continuously monitoring our re-openings and our health and safety policies and may review our fitting room policy as the situation develops.
14. Will your toilets be open?
We have made the decision to temporarily close our customer toilets until further notice.
15. Are your Beauty Studios open?
To help ensure social distancing can be maintained, we have made the decision to temporarily close our Beauty Studios.
16. Will you have a queuing system outside?
We will implement a queuing system at our entrances to allow for social distancing. We will have dedicated employees who will be responsible for managing these queues.
17. Will you have priority access for vulnerable shoppers?
We have taken additional steps to support our vulnerable customers who are considered to be at increased risk during COVID 19. Priority queuing will be in place for entry to our stores and at our checkouts. Vulnerable customers can approach one of our colleagues positioned at our store entrances and identify themselves as part of a vulnerable group. Our colleague will then support their prioritised entrance to the store. We will also have colleagues on hand to further support these customers, wherever they request additional assistance.